Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lost, Tired, and Happy

I survived!!!

Not only did I survive, but this has truly been my most enjoyable week on the mission. I've never been so lost, never been so overwhelmed and never been so stressed on the mission, but I've also never grown and learned so much. Elder C and I are 100% different people but I think we compliment each other as well. This week I decided I wanted to just give everything I had to serve as a precedent for the many months in the future in which I'll be serving as Senior companion in the mission. Everyday I came home absolutely spent, but everyday I came home knowing we had done everything possible that day to further the Lord's work in Galvarino 1. 

The two brothers that were going to be baptized now have no interest in going to church because they say it's "boring" so that leaves us with even fewer people to work with but we've also been able to start finding some new people as well. It seems like this ward is willing to help in the missionary effort as well, so I'm sure we'll find success here at some point. For now, we're taking it contact by contact, lesson by lesson, and day by day. The more I learn the more I realize that I don't know, but the more I'm motivated and willing to learn. Maybe someday I'll figure out this whole mission thing, but for now I'll just do what I can.

Some other side facts:

There are SO MANY HAITIANS HERE! It's awesome because they're just the nicest most humble people you'll ever meet and also super receptive to a message about Jesus Christ, but sometimes it's hard to communicate with them because most don't know a ton of Spanish.

Yesterday I did all my legal stuff (travel visa) which took about 6 hours and was the worst day ever, but I get to stay here so it's all worth it.


I'm looking forward to the opportunities of this week!!

Love,
Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment