Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Frozen Noses and Toes

It`s been really cold recently!!! Our home doesn't hold in heat at all so we always wake up in the morning with frozen noses and toes. It also rained quite a bit, so much on one day we had to stay inside for a bit. I hated being inside so much (it's the worst thing in the mission), but the next day we worked super hard. We still don't have a ton of investigators, but I know that will change with time. We're working hard to find the people who are ready to hear the message of the Restored Gospel, but I realize sometimes things don't change in an instant.

Rosende (my last sector) had a baptism on Sunday! It was the 11 almost 12 year old girl named Emily!! Even though I wasn't there for it, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to teach such a wonderful family. Everytime I passed by I just felt at home. I wish Emily the best in her journey as a member of Christ`s church. Andony I think will be baptized in a few more weeks, and I've heard Mario`s daughter wants to be baptized soon as well! My goal in this sector is to find families as amazing as those families. 

In studying the scriptures this week. I absolutely loved reading Alma 5. Alma just bore his whole soul into testifying to his people and it makes we want to become like that. 

The work here isn't easy, but it's possible, and I'm as excited as ever for this upcoming week!

Love,

Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment