Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sept. 27, 2016- Prepare now for conference

Well this was a pretty good week all in all. We were able to teach a lot of lessons (more than I have ever taught in my mission) and we continued finding new people. But one of those lessons stands out as the most important, though. We had a lesson with Jacob and his family and it started off kind of weird (they went out to buy food for us) and so we didn't have the time to teach what we had planned. We began to talk about the reading that Jacob was able to do and he hadn't read a lot, but he had read a little bit of Alma 7 and so we began to talk about that. I began to explain some things and then Elder Langston bore a quick testimony and the whole environment changed. The spirit of God was there and Elder Langston began to get emotional because of it. I barely kept it together as I tried to add on but Jacob stopped me. He said "No se preocupen. Me voy a bautizar" or in English- Don't worry, I'm going to get baptized. Definitely a big step but there's more work to be done. I really feel he could get so much from going to General Conference with us. Pray for him so he can make the time to come with us.

Overall it was a really great week. The struggle continues getting people to come to church, but the two people who will be baptized next are both coming every week without fail, so that's been a huge blessing.

Overall the focus of this next week will be General Conference, I'm so excited personally but even more for all the people here that can benefit so much from this special opportunity. To all the people at home, go into this weekend with some questions written down. Either the speaker or the spirit will answer them. 

I hope you all have an amazing week. 

Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment