Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I love the Book of Mormon

General Conference was awesome for us too, but unfortunately Jacob couldn't come, his dad`s been really sick so we haven't really been able to teach him, keep praying though I know with time he`ll progress.

We do have some other people who are progressing quite a bit so that`s exciting. I feel like I´ll probably leave in a few weeks so it's bittersweet finding so many great people knowing I`ll have to leave them so soon but overall everything has been really great as far as proselyting goes.

In Conference there were a lot of things I loved. I loved all the talks on the Book of Mormon. Being a missionary and having so many opportunities to apply what I learn and feel in reading the book has given me an amazing new perspective and I loved how they described their own experience with the book.

I think there was also a focus on what really matters when it comes down to it. What is it that we truly seek for and how do we get what we ultimately (not it the moment) want.

Part of that is repentance. It`s hard. It's so worth it though as we can feel the Atonement washing the past mistakes away.

I couldn't tell you what my favorite talk is because each one was so moving but I`ll relisten this week and chose one or two (or three or seven).

I hope you have a wonderful week.


Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment