|Elder Birrell and Elder Ortiz overlooking Santiago|
So as you may have seen, the weather here has picked up quite a bit (its REALLY HOT) which is especially hard for us since we are out in the streets most of the day, but it's still fun. I prefer it to the cold so it`s all good.
Cristian is super ready to get baptized, more so than any investigator I've seen. He understands the Book of Mormon better than I do and he has a strong testimony of it through reading and praying he has felt the spirit tell him its true. He`s made pretty drastic changes in his life to repent of put his life more in order and in harmony with the Saviors teachings. He`s ready, but...
In talking about baptism he lacks faith in himself more than anything that he`ll be able to continue in this path. He said something was still missing and I felt inspired by the spirit to share this part of Joshua with him. In this part some priests are taking the arc of the covenant and they arrive at the waters of Jordan and they receive a promise that as the soles of their feet begin walking on the water than it would part. But the waters didn't part as they waited on the shore, they literally had to step into the water with faith and then the miracle came. Its a powerful lesson that sometimes we just have to take a step into the water, into the unknown with faith and that`s where the Lord does miracles with us, or as it says it verse 5 "wonders" among us. Cristian understood this and is willing to follow the counsel of it. It was a super special lesson.
13. And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap.
14. And it came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people;
15. And as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest.)
16. That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zairean; and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.
17. And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan
Yesterday also I did an interchange with Elder Tolley who`s also from Washington (Moses Lake) good friend of the Jorgenson`s. He walks really fast and I could barely keep up but we ate 40 pieces of fried sushi after so it was really cool. Kind of funny- someone that`s getting baptized soon in their sector is 19 years old. Her parents were active in the church for years and only stopped going like 5 years ago. She wasn't baptized in the 6 years (age 8-14) for fear of water haha.
We also were busy this week preparing for a zone activity in which all the missionaries from our zone ( the biggest zone in the mission 32 missionaries) come to our sector for a couple hours. The purpose was to invite people to an open door activity at the church but that activity wasn't too successful. The missionaries found some cool people though so hopefully we can find them and teach them.
Overall a good week and this week will be even better!
Have a great thanksgiving!