Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 21, 2017- Word of Wisdom

Digging a GIANT hole for an investigators future bathroom
How’re things over there? Elder Heaps and I are doing well over here working with the investigators we have and continually finding new ones. A unique challenge to this set of investigators that we’re working with is that a lot of them are drug addicts. Some of them are addicted to some of the lighter drugs and some are into the heavier ones. It’s been an eye opener seeing the world from their view. The ups, the downs, the victories and the hard falls. It’s absolutely heartbreaking seeing what these substances do to people and their families. It’s so sad that sometimes it even gets me down for a bit just thinking about their situations.

The other day I was talking to my comp and I thought what would the church be like if the Word of Wisdom didn’t exist. After a little while of thinking and talking about it, we both agreed it wouldn’t be the church of Jesus Christ. I’m so grateful for having this piece of modern revelation in my life so I can fully enjoy all the wonderful moments this life has to offer. I’m not sure I fully understood the blessings of the Word of Wisdom until I got here and saw the misery and complete loss of hope in these people. I invite everyone to read the 89th section of Doctrine and Covenants and to tell me that’s not completely inspired of God.

Other than that, this week we dug two giant holes for an investigator's future bathroom and we did cleaning checks. Just so you know Mom, I’ve gotten a perfect score on the last 6 changes (aka 8 plus straight months of impeccable houses). Hope you’re proud of me, Mom!!. Also I ate tomatoes, onions and corn almost every day this week. Still hate them, but I’m trying. Hahaha

Love you guys,
Elder Birrell




No comments:

Post a Comment