Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 7, 2017- First week in Lampa


P-day with Elder Langston and Elder Dillree
All has been good here in Lampa this week. I really don’t have any complaints. Super good companion, great sector, the best house in the mission, fantastic branch, good investigators with solid potential, and good young, hardworking missionaries in the zone.

Our zone class was well received on Thursday, which included a well done zone plan for this change. It seems like a lot of people were baptized the end of the last change, so as a Zone we’re kind of starting from zero, but I think we’ll still be seeing some success this change.

So I said our branch is strong- it has double the attendance of any ward I’ve been in before (almost 200 people on Sunday) and the leaders all work really well, this will be a learning experience for me to see how we can best utilize this help in the work. Sunday was kind of overwhelming for me just because I’d kind of gotten used to smaller wards, but I’m so excited to work with so many faithful members in the mission work here in Lampa.

It is a little weird being on bike, in a sector I don’t know, and being companion menor (junior companion), but I’m learning a lot everyday here. I certainly don’t know everything I need to know to be the best Zone leader I can be, but I recognize that the Lord has been preparing me for this assignment for a long time so I’m ready to give it my all for as long as I’m here.

Next week I’ll talk more about the people we’re working with. Don’t have much time to write this week, but next week I’ll be able to say more. We’re all good here though. I love this place, Lampa’s awesome.

Talk to you more next week!

Love,

Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment