Monday, April 24, 2017

April 18, 2017- Happy Easter



I’m currently writing this on Easter Sunday here in Vespucio. It was a crazy week but things are starting to settle down (that is until Friday when zone conferences start). Quick recap of the first week-

Monday: changes and other seminars for the missionaries going home.
Tuesday: (what should have been p-day) welcoming the new missionaries.
Wednesday: We made the presentation for the new missionary seminar.
Thursday: Leadership Council
Friday: Zone class (finally something we could just sit back and enjoy)
Saturday: New missionary seminar

Easter was good!! We dyed some eggs and then went to church. It was the first time in my life that I’ve been to the reverse order of church, (Priesthood/Sunday school/ Sacrament Meeting) but it was good. They gave us time to present ourselves to the ward and it was awesome. I really felt a special spirit that day. Things are a little cray but that also could be because we are new in the sector. The area is good, similar to my first sector in fact I passed by my first house today. It’s not too cold yet, but the temperature is slowly going down.

Cool story from Lampa (my last area). So the man that I talked about last week, Adrian Castro, who has problems with depression, has been investigating the church for many years. He’s helped introduce the gospel to many people who ended up getting baptized/sealed in the Temple. Last weekend we were kind of at a loss. We really just didn’t know how to help the guy, so we fasted for him. I left the following day, but then on Wednesday I got a call from Elder Heaps. He told me that they were planning for the week and then came the time to plan for Adrian. They didn’t know what to do, so they called him, offered to bring him a cool water bottle and he accepted the offer.

When they got to where they were going to meet up, Adrian said the following, “I don’t want the water bottle, I want to get baptized on Saturday. I don’t care who does it, just make sure no one else comes.” On Saturday morning his wish was granted!

Elder Birrell and Elder Santos playing futbol
All is good here in Vespucio as well. Elder Santos and I have already found good chemistry in teaching which will be super important given all the teaching we do as assistants especially as zone conferences start this week.

Love, 

Elder Birrell

No comments:

Post a Comment